Fashion, News, Events and Much More!
Thursday, 8 May 2014
BRITISH GOVERNMENT PLANS FOR NIGERIA
The British Government's plans for Nigeria towards security measures and in the search for the missing girls are:
• Sending a small team of experts, including military officers, to assist with the search.
• The group will concentrate on planning, co-ordination and advice rather than taking part in operations to free the girls.
• Treating the issue as not just a Nigerian issue, but a global issue.
• Facing and fighting extremist Islamists around the world who are against education and progress.
• They would be part of a larger US assistance team, including members of the State Department and Justice Department, who would help with intelligence, communications and logistics.
Meanwhile, it has been made clear that the US had no plans to launch a military operation. But President Barack Obama pledged to do everything he could to help rescue the youngsters.
Boko Haram, whose name means "Western education is sinful", has continued to fight a five-year insurgency against the Nigerian government, with the hope to pull out an Islamic state in Northern Nigeria. Through 2002 to 2013, they have been estimated to have taken 10,000 lives.
The Nigerian Police Force have announced a 50m Naira reward for credible information leading to the location and rescue of the schoolgirls.