Friday 10 July 2015

WHY I DONT HAVE A BOYFRIEND: K1'S DAUGHTER, HONEY B

We had a breezy one on one chat recently with the daughter of the King of Fuji music; King Wasiu Ayinde Anifowoshe ( K1 the Ultimate), Honey Zainab; popularly known as Honey B.
Here are excerpts:

A bit about your background?

I am an Afro-pop artist, singer/songwriter and creative director. I have been singing and performing for over 15 yrs and within that time attended the Brit School of Performing Arts where I studied Music and London Metropolitan University where I Graduated with BA Honours in Criminology.

How is growing up with a musician dad like?

I actually grew up with my mother in the UK, however having a musical father has its pros and most definitely its cons. I've have enough time to work a balance between them now so it's pretty good. Lol
How long have you been singing?

I have been singing and taking steps to peruse music as a career for about 15yrs.

Is your dad your musical influence?

My father's longevity and passion for music is definitely influential and inspiring. 


What was his reaction when you told him about your musical ambition?

I actually was performing at Ritzy in Brixton 2009 with my live band and decided to invite my dad, he honoured my invitation and I must say he was very proud.

Who are you passionate about?

I'm very passionate about my family, mostly my little angel; my 6 year old daughter; who we nicknamed Riri.
With daughter

Where are you mostly based?

I am split between the UK and Nigeria but I spend most of my time in London.

When are you releasing an album?

I have all the materials already prepared for when the time is right.

What is your day to day lifestyle like?

My day consists of 4 hours in the studio, rehearsals, writing songs and image preps for upcoming events/ videos etc.

Are you in a relationship?

I am currently single. Lol. I need to be in on place long enough.

What's your educational background?

I have a B-Tech National Diploma in Music and also a BA in Criminology
Does your dad frown at your sexy stage costumes?
Lol!! Not at all, he very much understands the entertainment industry and that's just a style I'm exploring.

Do you think female musicians are heading somewhere higher than their male counterparts?

I think it's down to individual talent, efforts and support system as to how high any artist can reach. The industry is really changing from a time where success was highly influenced by gender.

Who are your musical role models?

Lauren Hill, Brandy, Destiny's child, Whitney Houston, 2face and Nneka
What musician do you listen to the most; both locally and internationally?
I listen to a lot of Brandy, Beyoncé, old K1 records and a few mixes of the afrobeats artists in Nigeria.

How would you rate the Nigerian music scene?

I feel there are amazing artists in the Nigerian music industry, and I feel the industry itself is expanding; as many organisations are now self educating, which makes our industry better equipped with resources and knowledge to put entertainment in Africa on a world wide map.

Any crush on any male musician?

None that I can think of right now but I used to have a kid crush on D'banj. I'm grown now though. Lol
Mum

If your future husband says NO to your musical career; would you submit to it?

I aspire to be a successful wife someday and part of that is to follow my dreams, be hardworking and also independent. I pray God directs a husband that will support my dreams and not say No to them.

Do you think the modern day woman is misunderstood? And why?

To an extent; Yes, modern day women are a little misunderstood and misrepresented due to media.
I feel modern day women are becoming more and more independent which increases individual confidence, work ethics and contribution to society. A lot of hardworking women would like to be respected as equals to men but the misrepresentation on social media tends to put more attention on women being portrayed in a negative light as opposed to the good they do that is actually making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.